How to Apply For Pan Card Offline & online Easy Ways?
What is a PAN Card?
If you didn’t know already, PAN stands for Permanent Account Number and is a 10-digit alphanumeric code used for unique identification. The Income Tax department is responsible for providing this number to every potential taxpayer to curb tax evasion.
Related Searches Here:
This is made possible since PAN is an electronic system that tracks the financial transactions of every tax paying citizen. Here two individuals cannot have the same number. This unique identification number is allotted to every individual via a laminated card called the PAN card.
Now, you might be wondering, “What is a PAN card used for?”
What are the benefits of a PAN Card?
Besides the veritably prominent Aadhaar card and Voter ID, the Visage card serves as an extremely significant identity evidence in several procedures. Either, it’s a obligatory document to have for completion of several following procedures including, but not limited to the bones in the ensuing list.
- Presumably the most important time when a Visage card is necessary is during IT return form.
- Furnishing your Visage card can help you save on TDS since fiscal institutions abate 20 further TDS onRs. 10000 earned interest if Visage isn’t quoted.
- Linking your bank account to Visage can help you claim a refund if TDS subtracted is further than factual duty.
- The Visage card is obligatory identity evidence needed while opening a new bank account.
- Buying and dealing irremovable means like property and auto worth further than Rs. 10 lakh.
- Fiscal deals worth further than Rs. 50000 accreditation producing the Visage card.
- Still, bonds, and stocks, If you’re planning to make investments like those in collective finances.
- This identification document is necessary for cash deposits over Rs. 50000 in a day.
- Payment of life insurance decorations crossing Rs. 50000 in a fiscal time.
That was a list of conditioning and circumstances where having a Visage card is salutary for a taxpayer. Still, it doesn’t stop there.
- An increase in the number of individuals retaining a Visage card also benefits Income Duty authorities in the following ways.
- Visage cards aid in keeping a record of an existent’s fiscal deals and duty liability, hence plugging in further loopholes in the system.
- It helps authorities determine the duty rate for every existing grounded on their income more effectively.
- Overall, it helps make further accurate computations of the total profit earned from duty in the country.
- Individualities without a Visage card, concluding for any exertion where this document is necessary, can declare the same in Form No. 60. Still, follow it up with a Visage card operation as soon as possible. Before that, check your eligibility for the same.
What are the types of PAN Card?
Depending on the type of taxpaying entity, PAN cards are divided into several categories. This category can be understood by the 4th character of every PAN, which varies for different entities. Here’s a quick overview of some of the possible alphabets and what they stand for.
- G: Government Agency
- J: Artificial Juridical Person
- P: Individual
- C: Company
- A: Association of Persons (AOP)
- E: Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- B: Body of Individuals (BOI)
- F: Partnership Firm
- T: Trust
- H: Hindu Undivided Family (HUF)
- L: Local Authority
If you are looking for ways on how to apply for a PAN card, know that different application forms are available for different entities mentioned in the list. To know in detail about the application procedure, keep reading!
Documents Required For PAN Card:
The mandatory documents required when applying for this important document vary according to the type of taxpaying entity. To know about the required documents for your category, refer to the following table.
|Taxpaying entity||Documents required|
|Individual||ID proof, Address proof.|
|Companies||Registration Certificate issued by the Registrar of Companies.|
|AOP||Registration Certificate Number / Agreement copy provided by Charity Commissioner or Registrar of Co-operative Society.|
|LLP||Registration Certificate issued by the Registrar of Companies, Partnership deed.|
|Trusts||Registration Certificate Number issued by Charity Commissioner.|
|HUF||An affidavit stating details of all coparcener, issued by the Karta.|
|Foreign applicants||ID proof like OCI, PIO, copy of passport, etc., Address proof.|
How to Apply For PAN Card Online?
The government has made provisions for applicants to apply for PAN through the Income Tax PAN Services Unit of NSDL. Follow these easy steps to apply for a PAN online:
- Open the NSDL site to apply for a new PAN.
- Select the Application type – New PAN for Indian citizens, foreign citizens or for change/correction in existing PAN data.
- Select your category – individual, associations of persons, a body of individuals, etc.
- Fill in all the required details like name, date of birth, email address and your mobile number in the PAN form.
- On submitting the form, you will get a message regarding the next step.
- Click on the “Continue with the PAN Application Form” button.
- You will be redirected to the new page where you have to submit your digital e-KYC.
- Select whether you need physical PAN card or not and provide the last four digits of your Aadhaar number.
- Enter your personal details, contact and other details in the next part of the form Enter your area code, AO Type and other details in this part of the form. You can also find these details in the tab below The last part of the form is the document submission and declaration.
- Enter the first 8 digits of your PAN card to submit the application. You will get to see your completed form. Click Proceed if no modification is required.
- Select the e-KYC option to verify using Aadhaar OTP. For Proof of Identity, Address and Date of Birth, select Aadhaar in all fields and click on Proceed to continue.
- You will be redirected to the payment section where you have to make payment either through demand draft or through net banking/debit/credit card.
- A payment receipt will be generated on successful payment. Click on Continue.
- Now for Aadhaar Authentication, tick the declaration and select “Authenticate” option.
- Click on “Continue with e-KYC” after which an OTP will be sent to the mobile number linked with Aadhaar.
- Enter the OTP and submit the form.
- Now click on “Continue with e-Sign” after which you will have to enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number. An OTP will be sent to the mobile number linked with Aadhaar.
- Enter OTP and submit the application to get the Acknowledgement slip in pdf having your date of birth as the password in DDMMYYYY format.
How To Apply PAN Card Offline?
Applicants can choose the offline method as well to apply for the PAN card. They can visit a nearby TIN NSDL centre and follow the steps:
Download and print form 49A. The form can be downloaded from.
Fill the form and affix two passport size photographs on the form.
Pay the fee in the form of demand draft in favour of ‘NSDL – PAN’ payable at Mumbai.
Attach self-attested photocopies of proofs with the form.
Mention ‘APPLICATION FOR PAN-N-Acknowledgement Number’ superscripted on the envelope of the application form. The application has to be sent to-
Income Tax PAN Services Unit,
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
5th floor, Mantri Sterling, Plot No. 341,
Survey No. 997/8, Model Colony,
Near Deep Bungalow Chowk, Pune – 411016.
On successful processing of the application, PAN will be generated and sent to the residential address of the applicant.
How to correct PAN Card Information?
To correct any wrong information on your issued PAN card, refer to the section discussing how to apply for a PAN card online.
- Under “Application Type”, click on “Changes or Correction in the existing PAN card”.
- On the next page, fill in the PAN card correction form with accurate details.
- Upload all mandatory documents and click on “Submit”.
- Complete required payment.
Now, you will receive a new acknowledgement slip. Take a print of the same and post it to NSDL’s Income Tax PAN Service Unit.
Having a Pan card with wrong information is one thing, and completely misplacing it is another. And guess what? You now have a solution to that as well.
Official Website :
People Also Search How to Apply For Pan Card :
|online pan card apply||pan card download|
|nsdl pan card apply||pan card login|
|nsdl||pan card download pdf|
|pan card correction online||pan card status|
FAQ’s About How to Apply For Pan Card:
What are the documents required for applying PAN card?
Voter ID card.
Ration card with the applicant’s photo.
Photo ID card (issued by the Central Government/State Government/underrating public sector).
Can I get a PAN card in 2 days?
Preliminarily, it took 15- 20 days to admit a visage card after submitting a visage card operation. still, with some changes and the perpetration of the visage card fast track process, the aspirant can now admit a visage card in 48 hours or two days.
What are the steps to apply PAN card online?
Open the NSDL point( https//www.onlineservices.nsdl.com/paam/endUserRegisterContact.html) to apply for a new visage.
Select the operation type – New visage for Indian citizens, foreign citizens or for change/ correction in being visage data.