Appalachian State University (also known as App State) is a public university located in Boone, North Carolina, United States. It was founded in 1899 and became part of the University of North Carolina system in 1971. App State offers over 150 undergraduate and graduate programs across seven colleges and schools, including the College of Arts and Sciences, the Walker College of Business, and the Reich College of Education. The university has a strong reputation for sustainability and has been recognized as one of the top green colleges in the country.
Appalachian State is home to over 20,000 students, with a diverse student body representing all 50 states and over 60 countries. The university is known for its strong sense of community and offers a wide range of opportunities for students to get involved on campus, including over 400 clubs and organizations. Appalachian State also has a strong athletic program, with 17 NCAA Division I sports teams known as the Mountaineers.
Overall, Appalachian State is a well-respected public university that offers a high-quality education in a beautiful mountain setting.
Table of Contents
- 1 Appalachian State University logo
- 2 Appalachian State University Login
- 3 Appalachian State University Rankings
- 4 Appalachian State University Admissions
- 5 Appalachian State University Tuition
- 6 Appalachian State University degree
- 7 Appalachian State University Online Certificate Programs
- 8 Appalachian State University Football
- 9 Appalachian State University expenses
- 10 Read More:
- 11 Tour Fo Appalachian State University
- 12 FAQ’s About Appalachian State University
Appalachian State University Address:
The mailing address for Appalachian State University is:
Appalachian State University
Boone, NC 28608
The physical address for the university is:
Appalachian State University
287 Rivers Street
Boone, NC 28608
Please note that this information is current as of my knowledge cutoff in 2021, so it is possible that it may have changed.
Appalachian State University logo
Appalachian State University Login
To log in to your Appalachian State University account, follow these steps:
- Go to the Appalachian State University homepage at www.appstate.edu
- Click on the “My AppState” link located in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Enter your username and password in the appropriate fields.
- Click on the “Login” button to access your account.
If you encounter any issues with logging in, you can contact the Appalachian State University IT Support Center for assistance.
Appalachian State University Acceptance Rate
As of my knowledge cutoff in 2021, the acceptance rate for Appalachian State University was approximately 70%. However, please note that acceptance rates can vary from year to year and may be affected by a variety of factors such as the number of applications received, the qualifications of the applicant pool, and the available spots in the incoming class. Additionally, acceptance rates may have changed since my knowledge cut off, so it’s always a good idea to check with the university directly for the most up-to-date information.
Appalachian State University Rankings
As of my knowledge cutoff date of 2021, Appalachian State University was ranked #9 in the Regional Universities South category by U.S. News & World Report. However, university rankings can change over time and it’s possible that the ranking has shifted since then. It’s always a good idea to check the most recent rankings to get the most up-to-date information.
Appalachian State University World Ranking
As of my knowledge cutoff date of September 2021, Appalachian State University was not ranked in the top 1000 universities in the world according to the QS World University Rankings, the Times Higher Education World University Rankings, or the Academic Ranking of World Universities (ARWU). However, it is important to note that rankings can fluctuate and change over time, and there are many factors that can affect a university’s ranking.
Appalachian State University Admissions
Appalachian State University is a public university located in Boone, North Carolina. The university offers over 150 undergraduate and graduate degree programs across various disciplines.
To apply for admission to Appalachian State University, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the university’s website at https://www.appstate.edu/ and click on the “Apply” button in the top right corner of the page.
- Create an account with the university’s application portal and complete the application form. You will need to provide personal information, academic history, and any other required information.
- Submit your application along with the application fee. The application fee for undergraduate students is $65 for domestic students and $75 for international students.
- Send your official transcripts from all previous schools attended to the university. You can submit electronic transcripts through the application portal or have paper transcripts mailed to the university.
- If required, submit your standardized test scores (SAT or ACT). Appalachian State University is test-optional for the 2022-2023 application cycle.
- Check your application status regularly through the application portal to ensure that all required materials have been received.
The application deadline for the Fall semester is February 1st for priority consideration. However, the university accepts applications on a rolling basis until the class is full.
I hope this information helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.
Appalachian State University courses
Appalachian State University offers a wide range of courses in various disciplines. Some of the popular courses offered at the university are:
- Biology: Courses in biology cover topics such as genetics, ecology, microbiology, and anatomy.
- Psychology: Courses in psychology cover topics such as social psychology, abnormal psychology, cognitive psychology, and developmental psychology.
- Business: Courses in business cover topics such as accounting, finance, management, marketing, and entrepreneurship.
- Education: Courses in education cover topics such as curriculum development, classroom management, teaching methods, and educational psychology.
- Communication: Courses in communication cover topics such as public speaking, media studies, interpersonal communication, and organizational communication.
- Computer Science: Courses in computer science cover topics such as programming languages, algorithms, data structures, and software development.
- Environmental Science: Courses in environmental science cover topics such as ecology, environmental policy, sustainability, and natural resource management.
- History: Courses in history cover topics such as American history, European history, world history, and historical methods.
- English: Courses in English cover topics such as literature, creative writing, linguistics, and rhetoric.
- Sociology: Courses in sociology cover topics such as social inequality, social psychology, sociology of gender, and race and ethnicity.
These are just a few examples of the many courses offered at Appalachian State University. For a full list of courses and descriptions, you can visit the university’s website.
Appalachian State University Online Courses
Appalachian State University offers a variety of online courses for students who prefer or need the flexibility of learning at their own pace or from a distance. The university has a range of undergraduate and graduate-level online courses, including general education courses, major-specific courses, and elective courses.
To access the online courses offered by Appalachian State University, you can visit their website and look for the online course catalog. You can search for courses by subject, level, or semester. The university uses a learning management system called AsULearn, which allows students to access course materials, participate in discussions, and submit assignments.
In addition to online courses, Appalachian State University also offers fully online degree programs in fields such as education, nursing, and business. These programs provide students with the same quality education as on-campus programs, but with the added convenience of online learning.
If you’re interested in taking online courses at Appalachian State University, you can contact the university’s Distance Education office for more information and assistance with registration.
Appalachian State University Online Library
Appalachian State University offers an online library that provides access to a wide range of resources to support research and learning. Here are some of the key features of the library:
- Searchable online catalog: The library catalog allows you to search for books, ebooks, articles, and other resources available through the library.
- Digital collections: The library has a number of digital collections, including the Appalachian State University Digital Collections, which provides access to primary source materials related to the university’s history and the region’s culture.
- Databases: The library provides access to a variety of databases covering different subject areas. These databases include academic journals, magazines, newspapers, and other resources.
- Interlibrary loan: If the library doesn’t have a particular resource you need, you can request it through an interlibrary loan. This service allows you to borrow materials from other libraries.
- Research assistance: The library offers research assistance services to help you with your research. This includes one-on-one consultations with librarians, as well as online tutorials and guides.
To access the online library, visit the Appalachian State University Library website and log in with your university credentials.
Appalachian State University Tuition
As of my knowledge cutoff in September 2021, the tuition and fees for undergraduate students at Appalachian State University (ASU) for the 2021-2022 academic year are as follows:
- North Carolina Residents: $7,409 per year
- Non-North Carolina Residents: $22,216 per year
However, please note that tuition and fees can vary depending on a variety of factors such as academic program, residency status, and other fees. It’s always a good idea to check with the university’s website or financial aid office to get the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding tuition and fees.
Appalachian State University degree
Appalachian State University offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate degrees in various fields of study. Here is a list of degrees offered at Appalachian State University:
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Science (BS)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA)
- Bachelor of Music (BM)
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA)
- Master of Arts (MA)
- Master of Science (MS)
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA)
- Master of Music (MM)
- Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- Master of School Administration (MSA)
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Doctor of Education (EdD)
In addition to the above degrees, Appalachian State University also offers various certificate programs and licensure programs. For more information on specific programs and requirements, please visit the university’s website.
Appalachian State University Online Certificate Programs
Yes, Appalachian State University offers several online certificate programs in various fields of study. Here are some of the online certificate programs offered by Appalachian State University:
- Certificate in Nonprofit Management
- Certificate in Brewing Science
- Graduate Certificate in Gerontology
- Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
- Graduate Certificate in Sustainable Technology
- Graduate Certificate in Distance Education and Online Learning
- Graduate Certificate in Music Education
These are just a few examples of the online certificate programs offered by Appalachian State University. To learn more about their online certificate programs and admission requirements, you can visit their website or contact their admissions office.
Appalachian State University Football
Appalachian State University Football is the football program at Appalachian State University in Boone, North Carolina. The team currently competes in the Sun Belt Conference in the NCAA’s Division I Football Bowl Subdivision.
The Appalachian State Mountaineers have a storied football history, highlighted by their famous upset victory over the Michigan Wolverines in 2007. The Mountaineers won three consecutive FCS (formerly Division I-AA) national championships from 2005-2007 before moving up to the FBS level in 2014.
Since moving up to the FBS level, Appalachian State has continued its winning ways, winning four Sun Belt Conference championships and making six consecutive bowl game appearances from 2015-2020. In 2019, the Mountaineers finished the season with a 13-1 record and a top 20 national ranking.
Appalachian State plays its home games at Kidd Brewer Stadium, which has a seating capacity of 30,000. The program has produced several notable NFL players, including Dexter Coakley, Dino Hackett, and Armanti Edwards.
Appalachian State University expenses
According to the university’s website, the estimated cost of attendance for the 2022-2023 academic year is as follows:
- In-state tuition and fees: $7,818 per semester ($15,636 per year)
- Out-of-state tuition and fees: $22,698 per semester ($45,396 per year)
- Room and board: $5,752 per semester ($11,504 per year)
- Books and supplies: $1,200 per year (estimated)
It’s important to note that these are estimated costs, and actual expenses may vary depending on factors such as housing choices, meal plans, and personal spending habits.
Appalachian State University offers a variety of financial aid options to help students pay for their education, including scholarships, grants, work-study programs, and loans. Students can apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Annamalai University
- Valley City State University
- Francis Marion University
- UCLan Blackboard
- Zales Credit Card
Tour Fo Appalachian State University
FAQ’s About Appalachian State University
What is Appalachian State University known for?
Appalachian State University is known for several things, including:
Outdoor Programs: The university is located in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, providing students with ample opportunities for outdoor activities such as hiking, skiing, and mountain biking. The university’s Outdoor Programs department offers organized trips, clinics, and equipment rentals to students and community members.
Sustainable Practices: Appalachian State is committed to sustainability and has been recognized as one of the nation’s greenest universities. The university has implemented numerous sustainable practices, including the installation of a solar hot water system, a biodiesel production facility, and a wind turbine.
Business Programs: The Walker College of Business at Appalachian State University is highly regarded and has been consistently ranked as one of the top undergraduate business schools in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Education Programs: The Reich College of Education is also highly regarded, offering a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs in education. The college is known for its commitment to experiential learning and has partnerships with schools in the surrounding area to provide students with hands-on experience.
Football Program: Appalachian State University has a successful football program, having won multiple conference championships and bowl games. The team is known for its passionate fan base and its upset victory over the University of Michigan in 2007, which is considered one of the biggest upsets in college football history.
What major is Appalachian State University known for?
Appalachian State University is known for several majors, but it is perhaps best known for its programs in education, business, health sciences, and sustainable technology.
The Reich College of Education is highly regarded and offers programs in fields such as elementary education, special education, and instructional technology. The Walker College of Business also has a strong reputation, with popular programs in accounting, finance, and management.
In addition, the university’s Beaver College of Health Sciences offers programs in nursing, public health, and exercise science, among others. Finally, the university is known for its commitment to sustainability and offers programs in sustainable technology and renewable energy, as well as a variety of environmentally-focused majors.
Overall, Appalachian State University is a comprehensive university with a wide range of highly-regarded programs, but the majors mentioned above are some of the most popular and well-known.
Is Appalachian State a good university?
Yes, Appalachian State University is considered a good university. It is a public research university located in Boone, North Carolina, and is part of the University of North Carolina System. Appalachian State University is ranked #6 in Top Public Schools in the South by U.S. News & World Report, and it is also recognized for its strong academic programs, including business, education, health sciences, and environmental science. The university has a diverse student body, a beautiful campus, and a strong sense of community, which are all contributing factors to its reputation as a good university.
What GPA is required for Appalachian State?
The required GPA for admission to Appalachian State University varies depending on the program and degree level. However, for undergraduate programs, the average GPA of admitted students is around 3.6 on a 4.0 scale. It’s important to note that the GPA is just one of many factors considered during the admission process, and meeting the minimum GPA requirement does not guarantee admission. Other factors such as test scores, extracurricular activities, and personal statements will also be taken into account. It’s best to check with the specific program you are interested in to determine their exact requirements.
Is Appalachian State difficult to get into?
Appalachian State University, located in Boone, North Carolina, has an acceptance rate of around 68%, which means that it is moderately selective. However, admission requirements and standards vary by program, so it’s important to research the specific requirements for your intended major.
Factors that may be considered during the admissions process include high school GPA, standardized test scores (SAT or ACT), extracurricular activities, letters of recommendation, and a personal statement or essay. Additionally, Appalachian State University has a holistic admissions process, which means that they consider all aspects of an applicant’s profile, not just their grades and test scores.
Overall, while Appalachian State University is not the most difficult school to get into, it still requires a strong academic background and well-rounded application to be competitive.