A Complete Guide to Aston University Undergraduate Programs
Aston University is a public research university located in Birmingham, United Kingdom. It was founded in 1895 as the Birmingham Municipal Technical School and later became the University of Aston in Birmingham in 1966 before being renamed Aston University in 1969.
Aston University offers a wide range of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in fields such as business, engineering, science, languages, social sciences, and health sciences. The university is particularly well-known for its strong business and management programs, with the Aston Business School being consistently ranked among the top business schools in the UK.
The university has a diverse student body, with over 14,000 students from over 120 countries studying at the university. Aston University is also known for its strong links with industry and business, with many of its courses featuring work placements and industry projects to help students gain practical experience and prepare them for the world of work.
Aston University Address:
The address for Aston University in Birmingham, United Kingdom is:
Please note that this address is subject to change and you should confirm it with the university’s official website or administration before sending any mail or visiting the campus.
Aston University Fees for International Students
The tuition fees for international students studying at Aston University for the academic year 2021/2022 were as follows:
- Undergraduate degrees: between £16,250 and £20,500 per year, depending on the course
- Postgraduate degrees: between £16,250 and £20,500 per year, depending on the course
Please note that these fees are subject to change and can vary depending on the specific course you choose to study. It’s best to check with the university directly or consult their website for the most up-to-date information.
Aston University Login
As an AI language model, I do not have access to specific login information for Aston University. However, you can try accessing the Aston University login page by following these steps:
- Go to the Aston University website: https://www.aston.ac.uk/
- Click on the “Login” button located at the top right corner of the website.
- Select the appropriate login option depending on your status (e.g. student, staff, applicant, etc.).
- Enter your login credentials (e.g. username and password).
- Click on the “Login” button.
If you encounter any issues with your login, you can contact Aston University IT Services for further assistance.
Aston University Courses and Fees
Aston University is a public research university located in Birmingham, UK. Here are some of the courses offered by Aston University and their approximate fees (based on the 2022/2023 academic year):
1. Undergraduate Courses:
- Accounting and Finance: £9,250 per year (for UK/EU students), £15,600 per year (for international students)
- Business and Management: £9,250 per year (for UK/EU students), £15,600 per year (for international students)
- Computer Science: £9,250 per year (for UK/EU students), £19,800 per year (for international students)
- Engineering: £9,250 per year (for UK/EU students), £20,550 per year (for international students)
- Psychology: £9,250 per year (for UK/EU students), £15,600 per year (for international students)
2. Postgraduate Courses:
- MBA: £27,750 (for UK/EU and international students)
- MSc Accounting and Finance: £16,500 (for UK/EU students), £19,500 (for international students)
- MSc Business and Management: £16,500 (for UK/EU students), £19,500 (for international students)
- MSc Computer Science: £16,500 (for UK/EU students), £20,100 (for international students)
- MSc Engineering: £16,500 (for UK/EU students), £20,100 (for international students)
Note that tuition fees may vary depending on the specific program, mode of study, and nationality. For more information, please visit Aston University’s website.
Aston University Ranking
As of my knowledge cutoff date of 2021-09, Aston University is ranked 35th in the UK according to the Complete University Guide 2022. It is also ranked 42nd in the UK by The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022 and 42nd in the UK by The Guardian University Guide 2022.
Additionally, Aston University is ranked in the top 200 universities worldwide by the QS World University Rankings 2022. However, please note that university rankings can vary depending on the methodology and criteria used by different ranking organizations, and these rankings may have changed since my knowledge cutoff date.
Aston University World Ranking
According to the 2022 QS World University Rankings, Aston University is ranked #301-350 in the world. In the 2021 Times Higher Education World University Rankings, Aston University is ranked #251-300 in the world. It’s worth noting that university rankings can vary depending on the methodology used by the ranking organization and that they should be used as just one factor in evaluating a university.
Aston University QS Ranking
According to the QS World University Rankings 2022, Aston University is ranked:
- 301-350th in the overall world ranking
- 45th in the UK
- 19th in the UK for Business & Management Studies
- 27th in the UK for Accounting & Finance
- 30th in the UK for Economics & Econometrics
Please note that university rankings can vary depending on the methodology used and the criteria evaluated.
Aston University, Birmingham
Aston University is a public research university located in Birmingham, United Kingdom. It was founded in 1895 and is known for its focus on business, engineering, and the applied sciences.
The university is made up of five schools: Aston Business School, the School of Engineering and Applied Science, the School of Languages and Social Sciences, the School of Life and Health Sciences, and the School of Psychology. Aston Business School is particularly renowned for its MBA program, which is ranked among the top 100 in the world by the Financial Times.
Aston University has a diverse student body, with around 14,000 students from over 120 countries. The university is also home to a number of research centers and institutes, including the Aston Institute of Materials Research, the Aston Institute of Photonic Technologies, and the Aston Centre for Growth.
The university is located in the center of Birmingham, the second-largest city in the UK, which offers a range of cultural and recreational opportunities for students. The campus itself is modern and well-equipped, with a variety of accommodation options and on-site facilities such as a sports center and library.
Overall, Aston University is a respected institution that offers high-quality education in a range of disciplines, with a focus on preparing students for the demands of the modern workplace.
Aston University English Language Requirements
Aston University, located in Birmingham, United Kingdom, has specific English language requirements for international students applying to study at the university. The minimum language requirements vary depending on the course of study, and applicants are required to meet one of the following criteria:
- IELTS: Overall score of at least 6.0, with a minimum of 5.5 in each component.
- TOEFL iBT: Overall score of at least 80, with a minimum of 18 in each component.
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Overall score of at least 54, with a minimum of 51 in each component.
- Cambridge English Language Assessment: Certificate of Advanced English (CAE) or Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) with a grade of C or above.
Please note that some courses may have higher language requirements than those listed above. Additionally, applicants may be required to take an English language proficiency test if their previous qualifications are not deemed sufficient.
It is important to check the specific language requirements for your chosen course of study on the Aston University website or by contacting the university’s admissions team.
Aston University Reviews
Aston University is a well-respected university located in Birmingham, United Kingdom. It has a good reputation for providing quality education and research in various fields, including business, engineering, and sciences. Here are some of the key points from reviews of Aston University:
- Quality of Education: Many students praised the quality of education they received at Aston University. The university has highly qualified and experienced faculty who are passionate about their subjects and are committed to helping students succeed.
- Career Opportunities: Aston University has a strong focus on employability and offers a range of opportunities for students to develop their skills and gain practical experience. Many students reported that they were able to secure good jobs after graduation thanks to the university’s support.
- Campus Facilities: The campus is modern and well-equipped with all the necessary facilities, including libraries, laboratories, and sports facilities. The university has invested heavily in its facilities in recent years, and this has been appreciated by students.
- Diversity and Inclusion: Aston University is known for being a welcoming and inclusive institution. It has a diverse student body and offers support to students from all backgrounds.
- Student Life: The university has an active student community, with a range of societies and clubs catering to different interests. Many students found that the university offered a good work-life balance, allowing them to pursue their academic goals while also enjoying their social life.
Overall, reviews of Aston University are generally positive, with many students praising the quality of education, the focus on employability, and the welcoming and inclusive atmosphere. However, as with any institution, there are also some negative reviews, with a few students citing issues with the administration or specific departments.
FAQs Aston University
Is Aston University a good university?
Yes, Aston University is generally considered a good university in the UK. It consistently ranks highly in national and international university league tables and has a strong reputation for its business, engineering, and science programs. In the 2022 Complete University Guide, Aston University ranked 35th out of 131 universities in the UK, and in the 2022 QS World University Rankings, it ranked 301-350 globally.
In addition to its academic reputation, Aston University is known for its strong industry links and focus on employability, with many students going on to successful careers after graduation. The university also has a diverse student population, with around 40% of students coming from outside the UK.
However, it is important to note that “good” is a subjective term, and whether a university is a good fit for an individual student depends on a variety of factors such as their academic interests, career goals, and personal preferences.
Is Aston University easy to get into?
The admission requirements for Aston University vary depending on the course and level of study. In general, Aston University is considered to be a selective institution and has moderately high admission standards.
For undergraduate programs, the university usually requires applicants to have a high school diploma or equivalent qualification with good grades, and also take certain subjects or meet specific grade requirements. Some courses may also require applicants to take an aptitude test, attend an interview, or submit a personal statement.
For postgraduate programs, applicants are typically required to have a bachelor’s degree with good grades in a related subject area. Some courses may also require work experience or other qualifications.
Overall, while admission to Aston University is competitive, it is not considered one of the most difficult universities to get into in the UK. It is always recommended to check the specific admission requirements for the course you are interested in and ensure that you meet or exceed those requirements before applying.
What is Aston University ranked in the world?
As of my knowledge cutoff date of September 2021, Aston University was ranked as follows:
QS World University Rankings 2022: #301-350
Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2022: #251-300
Academic Ranking of World Universities 2021: #601-700
It’s important to note that university rankings can fluctuate from year to year and can also vary depending on the specific methodology used by each ranking organization.