How to Check FASTag Balance in India: The Best Information
Hello friends welcome to our website howtooknow.com
Today I will share information with you about How to check FASTag Balance, what is FASTag, its benefits, and how to recharge FASTag from different banks and payment apps.
What is FASTag? (Check FASTag Balance)
FASTag is an electronic toll collection system in India, operated by the National Highway Authority of India (NHAI).
It employs Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology for making toll payments directly from the prepaid or savings account linked to it or directly toll owner.
It is affixed to the windscreen of the vehicle and enables one to drive through toll plazas without stopping for transactions. The tag can be purchased from official Tag issuers or participating Banks and if it is linked to a prepaid account, then recharging or top-up can be as per requirement.
The minimum recharge amount is ₹100 and can be done online. As per NHAI, FASTag has unlimited validity. 7.5% cashback offers were also provided to promote the use of FASTag. Dedicated Lanes at some Toll plazas have been built for FASTag(Check FASTag Balance).
How does FASTag Work?
FASTag works in a similar fashion to other radio frequency identification (RFID) technologies. There is an RFID-enabled sticker that is fixed to a vehicle’s windshield, and a reader at the toll booth can scan this card wirelessly and automatically processes the payment.
When you pass a FASTag-enabled toll plaza, you won’t have to stop your car to make a cash payment for the toll fee. Instead, you can just keep driving and the fee will be paid automatically.
Basically, the readers can scan the FASTag card while it is in motion by emitting a signal to the FASTag card to request the toll fee payment, and the payment immediately gets deducted! But, it is essential that a FASTag card is linked with a digital wallet or savings account to ensure that toll fee payment goes through.
The tags were made mandatory in all new cars sold after December 1, 2017, (and for all vehicles from 2021) as a way to both encourage digital payments and free up congestion at toll booths.
According to the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, over 34 lakh FASTags were issued in 2018, and more than 11.5 million FASTag cards were issued as of 31st December 2019.
Check FASTag Balance Through Customer Care Helpline:
To view FASTag balance through the Customer Care helpline, you can simply give a missed call to a toll-free number: 8010928888 or SMS ETCBAL to 5676766. The mobile number should be registered with the prepaid wallet of the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI).
If you haven’t used the FASTag yet, make sure you apply for one today. You can also apply for FASTag through ICICI Bank, where you can recharge, view the balance and get other updates using a dedicated eToll by ICICI Bank mobile app.
If you are an ICICI Bank FASTag customer, SMS or give a missed call on <801092888> from your registered mobile number. FASTag Balance Enquiry: Check Paytm, ICICI, BankBazaar, and HDFC FASTag Balance via Website, and More
Official Website: www.npci.org.in
FASTag Balance Check BankBazar.com
You can find out the balance in your FASTag account instantly through different modes: online, mobile application, SMS, and customer care helpline. As of now, 13 banks are linked to the NHAI FASTag, the official website.
Here’s how you can find out the details of your FASTag balance without any hassles:
- Visit the website of your issuer agency/bank/mobile wallet.
- Log into the FASTag portal on the website with your login credentials
- You can now view your balance details
This mobile application is linked to the NHAI Prepaid Wallet.
- Download the ‘’My FASTag App’’ on your mobile device. This is compatible with both iOS and Android.
- Enter your login details.
- You can now view your balance amount.
Once you have opened your FASTag account and linked your mobile number to it, updates will be sent via SMS each time a deduction has been made from your account. Details will be sent regarding your account balance, toll payments, recharge confirmations, and notifications on low balances.
FASTag Customer Care Helpline:
If you are a prepaid FASTag customer and have registered your mobile number with the prepaid wallet of the National Highways Authority of India (NHAI), you can know your balance by giving a missed call to the toll-free number: +91-8884333331. This is available 24×7.
Check FASTag Balance- The Process via Paytm.com
There are various online and offline ways using which you can check your FASTag balance.
We have explained various online ways to check your FASTag balance below-
- Log in to your FASTag account– You can visit the official portal of your FASTag issuer and log in to your FASTag account using your credentials. After logging in to your account, you can find the option to check your FASTag account balance. You can also take a look at your FASTAg account statement to check all the deductions from your account.
- Download the Mobile application– Instead of logging in to the official portal of your FASTag issuer, you can simply download the mobile application which is linked to your prepaid wallet. Visit the Play Store or App Store on your mobile phone, and download the relevant app. Log in to the application using your credentials and check your FASTag balance amount.
Here’s how you can check your FASTag balance using various offline ways-
- Find the SMS– If the online process seems a little complicated to you, you can simply take a look at your phone inbox. Every time that your money is deducted from your FASTag wallet at a toll plaza, you get notified of your updated balance through an SMS. To check your current balance, all you need to do is find out the latest SMS which has your recent FASTag deduction. The same SMS will also have your last updated FASTag account balance.
- Look for an Email notification– As and when you receive an SMS for a toll tax deduction from your FASTag account, you also receive a notification on your email. If you fail to find the latest SMS update on your FASTag balance, you can look for the latest email that would contain the last toll tax deduction from your FASTag account along with your last updated FASTag balance.
- Call Customer Care– To check your FASTag balance, you can give a missed call at the toll-free number- +91-8884333331, which is available 24*7. As soon as you give a missed call from your registered mobile number, you will receive a notification stating your current FASTag balance on your mobile phone.
4 Ways To Check Your FASTag Card Balance Via HDFCBank.com
How to do FASTag balance check
If you have a FASTag attached to your vehicle, money is deducted from your account directly every time you cross a toll plaza. Are you wondering about how to do a FASTag balance check? Well, here we tell you four ways to check FASTag balance:
- Log on to account: Your issuer agency will give you the complete statement of your FASTag account on their website. You can log on to your HDFC Bank FASTag account and check your FASTag balance along with a statement of all deductions. Before you log in, you have to register yourself as a retail customer with the bank.
- SMS: One of the easiest ways to check FASTag balance is to look in your inbox. Every time a toll tax is deducted from your FASTag account, a message is sent to your registered mobile number. We know what you are thinking. “How do I check my FASTag balance?” The answer is: check for the last message you received about FASTag deductions. You will get the balance
- Email: Just like SMS, you will also receive email communication on your registered id for every time there is a deduction in your FASTag balance. You will also get monthly statements via email. Just check the emails to check the FASTag balance.
- Call customer care: You can also call HDFC Bank’s customer care number 1800-120-1243 to enquire about your FASTag balance. For a quick FASTag balance check, give a missed call to 720-805-3999 with your registered mobile number.
Apart from this, you may also have additional queries about the FASTag balance. We have addressed some such frequently asked questions:
1. What is the minimum limit for recharging an HDFC Bank FASTag card?
There is no FASTag minimum balance that you have to maintain. However, the minimum recharge amount for the FASTag wallet is Rs100. You can choose the amount for every recharge based on your convenience and travel.
2. What happens to my FASTag balance when I wish to close my FASTag account?
If you have completed your full Know Your Customer (KYC) formalities, you will be refunded the FASTag balance. You will be issued a demand draft for the balance amount within seven working days of closing the wallet.
3. Can I get direct credit to my linked bank account when I close my FASTag wallet?
No. There is no provision for the transfer of FASTag balance into your bank account upon the closure of the wallet. You will be issued a demand draft for your FASTag balance.
4. What do I do if there is an incorrect deduction on my FASTag balance?
If you feel you have been over-charged, you can report it to HDFC Bank. You can either call the customer care number or log on to your FASTag account and report an incorrect deduction of your FASTag balance. The agency will review your request and refund the amount if the request is found genuine.
Read More about our Post: How to Increase Hemoglobin
How to Check FASTag Balance: A Step-By-Step Guide Via ICICIBank.com
A Step-By-Step Guide to Find Out the Details of FASTag Balance
As a user of the solution, you can check FASTag balance through different modes like online, SMS, mobile application, and Customer Care helpline:
Checking Balance on Website:
You have access to FASTag through 13 banks (agency to mention the source here)– where you can apply for a FASTag, recharge, and check your balance. Here’s how you can check the balance on the website:
- Visit the website of your bank
- Log in to the FASTag Portal (if he/she has ICICI Bank FASTag, he/she needs to click here to log in
- Click on the View Balance option
Check Fastag Balance on Mobile Application
- Log in to the eToll app with your credential
- You can view the balance amount applicable to your wallet
- Click on the Tag Account Number to check your Tag Account balance
SMS update for every toll amount deduction:
Once you register for the FASTag service, you will get an SMS update every time the toll amount gets deducted. Along with the deduction amount, you will also be informed about your FASTag Account balance, notifications on low balance, toll payments, and recharge confirmations, among others.
Hope you like this post of mine, sorry if you see any mistakes or errors.
Please leave comments to inspire us to write even better posts.
Thank you for reading our post.